A box diet, or actually a catering diet, involves receiving a selected number of meals prepared for the whole day from a company. Its name comes from its form, that is from the food placed in boxes. It is an ideal solution for busy people who do not have time to prepare varied and healthy meals.
What is the box diet?
The boxed diet (by some referred to as the bucket diet or boxed food) helps to lose weight and maintain a slim figure. Before you start using diet catering, you should first consult a dietician who will choose the most beneficial option for you. The specialist determines daily energy requirements for specific components, taking into account age, gender, physical activity and type of work. Meals are delivered directly to the customer's home or workplace. The box diet is very popular among celebrities.
Boxed diet - recipes
In a situation when we like to cook or we simply want to prepare meals ourselves, we can resign from the catering offer. When preparing meals on our own, we rely on the menus and recipes that were previously developed by a dietician. An example of a recipe for the first breakfast is egg paste with radish sprouts. The ingredients we need to make it are 4 hard boiled eggs, a package of radish sprouts, natural yogurt, fresh parsley and spices as desired. This paste can be eaten with wholemeal bread. Quick, tasty and simple dish.
Fruit lovers for a second breakfast can prepare a salad of fresh strawberries (about 1.5 cups), 2 kiwi and one banana. It is worth to enrich this meal with a teaspoon of flaxseeds, as well as a tablespoon of sunflower seeds and freshly squeezed lime juice.
It may take more time to prepare dinner. One of the many proposed dishes is cod baked with spinach. To prepare this meal we need 400 grams of cod fillet, mozzarella cheese, 100 grams of fresh spinach, half a lemon, half a teaspoon of butter, one tablespoon of natural yogurt 2% and spices. After gathering the ingredients, you can start cooking. Place the seasoned and lemon sprinkled fish in a heatproof dish. Melt butter in a frying pan, then add spinach, natural yoghurt, crushed garlic and spices. The whole thing should simmer for about 3 minutes. Put the contents of the pan on the cod and put slices of mozzarella. Bake the dish at 180 degrees Celsius for 25 minutes. Fish can be eaten with brown rice or baked potatoes with herbs.
As an afternoon snack you can eat cottage cheese with chives together with a teaspoon of sunflower seeds and cherry tomatoes.
Dinner can also be tasty and wholesome. One example is chicken salad. You should buy a single chicken breast, 30 grams of arugula and the same amount of walnuts, plus 1/4 head of iceberg lettuce, half an avocado, one small pickled cucumber and 1/3 of a greenhouse cucumber.
Examples of types of boxed diets
In their offerings, catering companies prepare different types of diets depending on the requirements of the clients. Here are the examples of boxed diets:
- standard diet (1000, 1250, 1500, 1750, 2000, 2500 kcal) - a diet based on 5 meals a day, in its composition has only healthy and balanced meals,
- Slim diet (1000, 1200, 1500 kcal) - a diet based on 5 meals a day, aimed at people who want to lose weight, consists of low calorie meals only,
- Sports diet (2500, 3000, 4000 kcal) - a five-meal diet, dedicated to athletes and people with increased physical activity,
- Vege diet (1000, 1250, 1500, 1750, 2000, 2500 kcal) - a 5-meal diet for people who have completely eliminated meat, fish and seafood from their diet,
- Gluten Free diet (1000, 1250, 1500, 1750, 2000, 2500 kcal) - a 5-meal diet for people who do not consume or tolerate gluten,
- Junior diet (1500 kcal) - diet intended for children, consisting of first and second breakfast and dinner,
- Lactose free diet (1000, 1200, 1500, 2000, 2500 kcal) - lactose free diet,
- Fit Mommy diet (1700, 2000, 2300, 2500 kcal) - a five-meal diet for mums after childbirth, containing all the valuable nutrients necessary in the postpartum period.
Boxed diet - advantages and disadvantages
If we use catering, we can enjoy many advantages of the boxed diet. First of all, it is a convenient form of nutrition that allows us to save time. We do not have to do shopping and prepare meals. The advantage of the diet is also that it is tailored to our needs, and the dishes are varied, often rich in trendy foods.
However, the boxed diet also has disadvantages. The first of them is, first of all, the high cost of catering. We also have to be prepared for the fact that in the meals there will be ingredients that we do not like. There is also no possibility of exchanging the dishes for others, so if we get something we do not like, we have to eat it. When we receive ready-made meals, we have no control over their quality, for example whether they come from organic farming. Meals are usually not large in size, so snacking between meals can occur. Boxed diet, like many other things, can simply get boring. We get tired of the repetitive menu and the rigor of the meals.
How to choose the right catering company?
More and more companies are opening in the market that provide box diet services. Many of them, actually provide these services with due diligence and responsibility along with cooperation with a qualified nutritionist. Unfortunately, there are also such companies that, despite the great offer presented on the Internet, do not meet the expectations of customers, due to the quality of prepared meals. What should you pay attention to when choosing a catering company in order to be satisfied with the quality of meals?
- You should read very carefully the offers of various catering companies in order to compare the services they provide,
- You should read other people's opinions about the quality of services provided by the chosen catering company before making the final decision,
- The best source of information about the company is the Internet - just type in the search engine "box diet opinions (and the name of the company)",
- it is worth getting acquainted with the website of a given company on social networking sites, where clients give their subjective opinions about the diet and in many cases insert photos of given meals
- most catering companies offer a test day, it is worth ordering such a day in several companies to compare the quality of meals,
- Above all, read the rules of the company before making the final decision.
Choose the best box diet on Cateromarket.pl