When you are planning a holiday, you are mainly thinking about renting a hotel room or an entire apartment. After all, it is the easiest way to spend the night away from home somewhere. However, staying on vacation can be not only a way to relax and get away from everyday life, but also a great adventure. Therefore, instead of staying in a hotel or an apartment, you can choose to sleep in a tent. Why stay under the cloud and what tents can be found in the shops?
Sleeping under the tent can be not only an interesting challenge, but also an unforgettable experience. Tents have many advantages, and the main benefit of using them is saving money. Without a doubt, tents are the cheapest accommodation. You can also take them with you everywhere and pitch them up in literally any location, and not just on a specially designed campsite. This possibility should appeal especially to hikers and climbers. A night under the clouds also gives you the chance to commune with nature and much more tranquillity than if you were staying in the city centre or in a larger holiday resort.
The best tents
Surely everyone would like to have a tent that works in different conditions, both in the rainy Polish mountains and in a seaside town in southern Europe. But the truth is that there is no universal tent. To make the right choice, you need to think about where the tent will be used most often and how many people will be in it. These are the basic criteria for selecting a tent, but there are also many other issues to consider. What else is important when buying this type of equipment?
- The type of tent - should be chosen according to its purpose. Tourist tents, especially tunnel tents, are the best solution for families. They are quite spacious, stable, but also heavy, so they are best suited to stay in one place. Dome trekking tents are smaller products and much lighter, ideal for hikers or people on bikes.
- Frame - there is a choice of tents with an aluminium or fibreglass frame. The aluminium frame is much more durable and, what is very important, lightweight. However, it has one important disadvantage, because it is much more expensive than a fibreglass rack.
- Water resistance - especially important in places where the weather conditions are not very favourable. If it is likely that there will be a lot of rain in a given location, then it is worth buying a tent with a minimum water resistance of 3000 mm water column.
Tent for children
Tents do not have to be used exclusively for overnight stays on the move. They can also be great toys for children. Manufacturers offer a wide variety of children's products, which can be placed in the garden or even laid out at home. They are characterized by great colors and interesting shapes: there is no shortage of tents in the shops in the form of a house, castle, car or tipi. A children's tent with a fairy-tale theme is also a very popular product. What else should a children's tent be like to make it work?
- Easy to unfold and fold.
- With pockets and compartments for toys.
- Made of health-safe materials.
- Attested and certified.
Tents are an excellent alternative to hotels or apartments. They may not seem very comfortable, but a good tent model, situated in an attractive place, will certainly bring much more joy and allow you to relax. A tent for children is an ideal solution for the youngest - not only does it make the child have an exciting hiding place, but also stimulates his creativity or teaches him independence.